This Will Make You Blush

Recently, I was looking for books on actress and singer Eartha Kitt at my local library and discovered myself. You know, my birthday is soon and youthfulness really is in the head and in the spirit, not in great looks of the body. Age is just a number, and what others think of you cannot matter because before a certain age if they live that long, they do not even know what they are thinking themselves. Jim Morrison, Janis Joplin, Jimi Hendrix and Otis Redding all died at twenty-seven years old. Some could say stuff like "that is life" and "wow, they were fortunate before thirty to have all that success and die good-looking", and that type of tripe.

Consider this, though, I actually agree more with Walter Russell, Charles Haanel and Napoleon Hill: If you do it right, all the good things start to happen after forty and into "old age". The best lives happen this way, you are a loser into your thirties and then one day success happens upon you almost like an executive in their fifties or sixties or Susan Boyle, and you cannot stop the momentum. On the other hand, you could be Donald Trump who did his best deals and stuff young, and has nowhere to go but sideways in the presidency. My point to this "humorous stuff" and this is my serious point: It is all perspective.

Look, if it was not perspective and all outer conditions determining everything: The Indian Hindu and European Medieval Feudal caste systems would not have given way in a sense to the American system and ideas of achieving your dream yourself that we now have here in America and is "infecting the world" in a positive way with the idea that one can get above ground when it comes to growth wherever they are.

So, in reality, okay, I admit it: Losers and winners are made by themselves through their efforts or lack of efforts in the right and wrong places. I know that is a blanket statement. Think deeply about it though. Some people "with it all" squander the opportunity, many with "nothing at all" use their disadvantages as advantages and create greatness for themselves and others, "with it all" live up to "it all", while many others with "nothing at all", resign themselves to "nothing at all". Either way, it is all perspective.

So, to sum up: We make ourselves wherever we are, and I use a quote from the last article I did to really sum up. I know it is a repeat, but we all need this repeat driven home, because without it, even the best of us resign ourselves to permanent failure and failure to look at things differently also. Oh, conjure that spirit of the Rough Rider Theodore Roosevelt and the old American deal where we can conjure our own greatness, I am not even thinking of his cousin Franklin Delano Roosevelt right now:

"Far better is it to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure... than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much, because they live in a gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat."


My name is Joshua Clayton, I am a freelance writer based in Inglewood, California. I also write under a few pen-names and aliases, but Joshua Clayton is my real name, and I write by that for the most part now. I am a philosophical writer and objective thinker and honest action taker. I also work at a senior center in Gardena, California as my day job, among other things, but primarily I am a writer.


 By Joshua Clayton

Article Source: This Will Make You Blush

No comments:

Post a Comment

Informations From: Dunia Aneh Blog 89

Salah satu yang Hebat

Salah satu yang Hebat Buku Harian yang terhormat, Malam ini mungkin malam terakhir untuk sementara waktu. Saya pergi ke program khusus it...