What Will The Future Of War Look Like?

As a Science Fiction, Future Technology, and Military Tech writer, I often get asked about the future of war. Interestingly enough, our near future isn't hard to predict 5-10 years out, but the further out you get the harder it is. Luckily, my batting average in prediction is fairly robust, comparatively speaking against other self-proclaimed futurist types. Recently, I was interviewed on the topic and I feel my answer might be enlightening, revealing and upbeat, so, let's explore this for a moment shall we?

Interviewer Mr. Casillas asks; "How do you think wars will develop in the future?"

There is a very good likelihood that humans won't have wars in the future, and before you call that statement na�ve, I'd like to point out that everything I see is a progression towards abundance, peace, prosperity and ascendance to a higher state of cognition with humanity fully actualized. I see future virtual reality allowing the individual to create choices far beyond what is possible today under our current way of life.

No, I am not a crazy New Age wannabe spiritual guru asking you to send me money and to follow me on Facebook, what I am saying is that folks like Ray Kurzweil and the Singularity Institute have it mostly correct. No, their predictions are not perfect and yes, humankind will fall down and get back up a few more times before we get there, and yes, it will cost us twice as much along the way, and take us 3-times as long to get there, but that's where we are headed. Give it another couple hundred years, and there won't be any more wars.

One good thing about wars today is that wars are not killing millions of people, most of the recent wars have been surgical strikes, precision attacks on command and control personnel (or terrorist leaders), facilities, or small groups with some collateral damage and civilian casualties but far fewer than before. Smart bombs are better than the 'drop them and forget about it' bombs of the past.

My predictions on future wars, you ask? Well, let me take a stab at it based on my studies. One challenge we will see in the future is robotic systems going out and killing entire human armies, then we will see a global agreement to ban it because human populations will demand that. Then we might see robots fighting robots, with the loser giving in to the argument that started the political impasse.

Then we will see nations agreeing to arbitrate by way of virtual war gaming, multi-player VR (virtual reality) video games. No one actually dies, but heroes (best players of the game) are rewarded by their civilizations with accolades.

Humankind will eventually learn that "diversity is to be celebrated" (not forced) and without any scarcity in the world due to advancing technology, there will be so few things to fight over, and wars will seem like such a stupid thing that humans used to do. And, whereas, we humans, even us human+ types seem to be innately territorial, we will overcome this with our enhanced intellect and knowledge, joining as one in a common cause; to live or lives to the fullest and share our endeavors with one-another. And like I said, I am not coming at this from a spiritual awakening, I am not into that stuff, it is just where I see this all going, from everything I study, read and research, it is the inevitable future - and really for our sake, the sooner the better.

Personally, although weapon systems technology is a place I like to think, and it is highly rewarded in the present period, I doubt that future human beings or our improved selves will spend a whole lot of time thinking about it. You see, there is a whole new world out there, if we dare to take it. I'd like you to think on this, and for today; Don't Hesitate - Be Great!

Lance Winslow has launched a new provocative series of eBooks on Future Concepts. Lance Winslow is a retired Founder of a Nationwide Franchise Chain, and now runs the Online Think Tank; http://www.worldthinktank.net


 By Lance Winslow


Article Source: What Will The Future Of War Look Like?

Salah satu yang Hebat

Salah satu yang Hebat Buku Harian yang terhormat, Malam ini mungkin malam terakhir untuk sementara waktu. Saya pergi ke program khusus it...