Relationship, results and rewards

Passage: Acts 1, 2 Kings 2

9 After he said this, he was taken up before their very eyes, and a cloud hid him from their sight. (Acts 1, NIV84)–emphasis added

When they had crossed, Elijah said to Elisha, “Tell me, what can I do for you before I am taken from you?” “Let me inherit a double portion of your spirit,” Elisha replied. 10 “You have asked a difficult thing,” Elijah said, “yet if you see me when I am taken from you, it will be yours—otherwise not.”  (2 Kings 2, NIV84)

-emphasis added

The disciples watched the ascension of Jesus. Later on, they received the same spirit and power that was on Jesus. The Holy Spirit came upon them with power

In the case of Elijah, he specifically told Elisha: “yet if you see me when I am taken from you, it will be yours—otherwise not.”

Why such a condition? What is the connection between witnessing the ascend of a person and the descend of the power that is on them?

The person(s) who receive the power need to have an intimate connection with the person who had the power. In other words, if Elisha had no connection with Elijah, he was not going to receive that power. Even though it is ultimately the power of God and not the power of Elijah, relationship matters

Those who are not connected to Jesus should not expect the power that was on/with Jesus, to come upon them. You can’t by-pass Jesus and have the Holy Spirit!

If we are very friendly with God and unfriendly with people, if we have all the gifts and no fruit, it can affect the working of God through us!

Jesus was full of the Holy Spirit, as much as He was full of love and compassion

A person with the anointing of Holy Spirit may see multitudes touched by God, while a person without that anointing may not see much results here. However,  the rewards in heaven may not be linked to the results here (Mat 7:22, 23)

God wants to reach as much people as He can, in the limited time. So He wants you and me to be baptized by His Spirit, while we remain connected to God

We may be anointed; but, are we connected? How is our prayer and devotions?

Have a blessed day, as you ponder upon that

BG

Prayer: Father God, thank you for all your love and provisions. What I am, where I am and who I am, is all because of you. Help me to stay connected so that I can be a channel of your love and power to others. All this in Jesus’ name. Amen

“A good relationship with God and people will always have its results and rewards”

No comments:

Post a Comment

Informations From: Dunia Aneh Blog 89

Salah satu yang Hebat

Salah satu yang Hebat Buku Harian yang terhormat, Malam ini mungkin malam terakhir untuk sementara waktu. Saya pergi ke program khusus it...