When God prevails

Passage: Ezekiel 3

 16 At the end of seven days the word of the LORD came to me: 17 “Son of man, I have made you a watchman for the house of Israel; so hear the word I speak and give them warning from me. (Ezekiel 3, NIV84)–emphasis added

God appointed Ezekiel as a watchman over Israel. No one else could dis-appoint him.

In the New Testament, we see Paul. God appointed him. Whether others recognize or not is secondary. He did his job

You and I must do the same. Give respect to those who deserve it. Honor God

Ezekiel didn’t care what anyone less than God would think or say about his appointment. If the children of God, ministers of God were like that, church would have been much better. Instead, when we look at others and try to do what they are doing, we don’t care about God’s specific plan for us. We disappoint God!

Ezekiel’s messages were brought straight from God’s kitchen to the people.

See what Jesus did:

49 For I did not speak of my own accord, but the Father who sent me commanded me what to say and how to say it. 50 I know that his command leads to eternal life. So whatever I say is just what the Father has told me to say.” (John 12, NIV 84)-emphasis added

Even when the Father, Son and the Holy Spirit are one, Jesus made sure that every word that came out of his mouth was exactly what the father wanted Him to say. Why not we do it?

In preparing messages, let our first and the last thing be sincere prayer and let everything else fall in between.

We may hear preaching from a “leading” Pastor/preacher and may get nothing. On the other hand, God may speak to us through someone in church, may be a child or a young person. But we have a tendency to look at the messenger than the message. That is how we miss the message from God! Namaan could have missed a great blessing, if he disregarded what that servant girl told him. (2 Kings 5)

God sometimes teaches great things through our own children/family

Many churches are going their way, and God His way, parallel. In my school days, parallel lines didn’t use to meet. These days, many things have changed!

Are we on the right track? Churches and leaders claim they are on the right track, because they have to. We better search the Bible and find out if the word we hear comes from God or not. God only stands behind His word, not behind anyone else’s. So check it before we retire from the race/life. Otherwise, it may be too late

24 “Very truly I tell you, whoever hears my word and believes him who sent me has eternal life and will not be judged but has crossed over from death to life. (John 5, NIV)

Have a blessed day!

BG

Prayer: Father God, you have a great plan for us and the whole world; that is what is going to work, not what anybody else plans. You are in charge, and nobody else. Help us to stay focussed on you and your word, nobody else. In Jesus’ name; Amen

We can’t apply God’s warranty to anyone else’s products/preaching!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Informations From: Dunia Aneh Blog 89

Salah satu yang Hebat

Salah satu yang Hebat Buku Harian yang terhormat, Malam ini mungkin malam terakhir untuk sementara waktu. Saya pergi ke program khusus it...