Unveiled



2 Corinthians 3:17-18 (AMP) Now the Lord is the Spirit, and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty [emancipation from bondage, true freedom]. And we all, with unveiled face, continually seeing as in a mirror the glory of the Lord, are progressively being transformed into His image from [one degree of] glory to [even more] glory, which comes from the Lord, [who is] the Spirit.

My girls love to take selfies. Before posting, they will take the image and blow it up to inspect every pixel of detail. There are a variety of filters to correct flawed images and enhance the image. In a matter of minutes, our appearance is altered to be more appealing. I personally love the filters that smooth out the wrinkles of time from my face. Yet every morning, flipping on the bathroom light, I am presented with reality staring right back at me. Father Time has left his mark on me. Moving in closer, it is more evident. Moving in is necessary as my eyesight is not what it used to be and therefore I miss things. In the assessment, a course of action to cleanse, moisturize and smooth to the best of my ability. There are parts of my appearance that as I have aged bear a stark resemblance to my grandparents. The two individuals now with the Lord who left indelible marks on my heart have made it to my face. Oh, how I want to be a wonderful grandparent to my grandson and future grandchildren as they were to me. There is welcoming familiarity to the imperfections that bear a resemblance to them.

Our true reflection and identity is see ourselves as Children of God. Are you a Child of God? When you see your reflection what is your response? Do you see someone who is to die for? A Child of God? Beloved? It is human weakness to only gaze on our appearance and limit our assessment to what is in the morning mirror. To change our image externally but avoid that messy part inside. I understand the struggle. Putting on the face that the world wants to see rather than reflecting the turmoil within so other Christians think you have it all together. It is in our weakness that the Power of God is manifested. Who wants to be the wreck? Eyes swollen shut from crying out to God. Mascara running with your tears. Your favorite blouse ruined. Nose red. People staring. No – I get it. For men it must be harder, after all to be the tough guy there can be no such vulnerability. There is a time and place for everything. Do you make time for true reflection?

And we all, with unveiled face, continually seeing as in a mirror the glory of the Lord, are progressively being transformed into His image from [one degree of] glory to [even more] glory, which comes from the Lord, [who is] the Spirit.

It is all too easy to live in bondage to a countenance that is naturally appealing yet eternally condemning. The world doesn’t need perfect Christians but imperfect believers bent on being transformed by His Glory. Progressively. Age is no respecter of persons, but neither is God. He will begin whenever you are ready. In fact, He started without you. God created you in His Image. He thought you were to die for so sent His Son to die for you ahead of time. You are predestined. Chosen to be His Own Special Possession. He offers us the freedom to choose but all roads will lead back to Him if our heart is set on knowing, loving and trusting Him fully.

We must look to the Lord with an “unveiled face” which is the most revealing. A true reflection is only possible when our pursuit of Him is wholehearted and unmasked. In a world of great pretenders, the contenders will be the ones who go to God unfiltered and just as we are because we want to become who He promised.

I Corinthians 3:12 (AMP) For now [in this time of imperfection] we see in a mirror dimly [a blurred reflection, a riddle, an enigma], but then [when the time of perfection comes we will see reality] face to face. Now I know in part [just in fragments], but then I will know fully, just as I have been fully known [by God]. 

In this time of imperfection, the only hope that I have to know God and become the person He created and called me to be is in His Word. His Word is the true reflection of who I am, what I am called to become, and how to be all that I can be. We see in a mirror dimly with blurred reflection, a riddle to be solved by God, and an enigma that is hard to understand and mysterious but can be fully exposed and explained by the Holy Spirit empowered by God’s Word as a sword that cuts away the dead weight for full release. Maybe in reality, we do not want to see what the inside looks like so by packing on war paint, slapping on a smile, and repeating trained responses – there is comfort in Christianity when God is looking to reveal His Children. I want to be fully known by God. To do so I must fully know Him. He is found in His Word. This is where we know who we are and what we are to become by love, faith and trust in the Father.

James 1:23-24 (AMP) For if anyone only listens to the word without obeying it, he is like a man who looks very carefully at his natural face in a mirror; for once he has looked at himself and gone away, he immediately forgets what he looked like.

What if true reflection in the Word reveals that doing is more than an action but rather assuming our full identity in God through Jesus Christ with the help of His Spirit? What if our need to “do” something has overshadowed our desire to become like Him? The mirror offers a reflection of what we look like. The Word of God offers a true reflection of who we are. I hate dressing room mirrors. The lighting is bad. I am convinced it is a carnival mirror and some cruel joke. The truth is it is not the mirror’s fault. My reflection is genetic, hereditary, time on the earth, or too many carbs staring back the vivid image of my personal appearance. When I look in God’s Word, it is harder to see because our reflection changes from what we look like to who we are. God touches our soul and stirs our heart to remove the polluted contents and release the beauty inside. The world doesn’t look in our heart, but evaluates our appearance at first glance. I wonder what might happen if believers decided to radiate God’s Glory. To spend time in the Word of God, talking to the Father and in close relationship with the Son until change of heart, mind and spirit reflect God’s Love, His Goodness and His Glory. Revival would come when our appearance reflects God’s Glory. It begins with our reflection. Not the one in the mirror, our body is dying day by day. It is our soul that will prosper and change our countenance to reflect His Glory.

3 John 1:2 (AMP) Beloved, I pray that in every way you may succeed and prosper and be in good health [physically], just as [I know] your soul prospers [spiritually].

No comments:

Post a Comment

Informations From: Dunia Aneh Blog 89

Salah satu yang Hebat

Salah satu yang Hebat Buku Harian yang terhormat, Malam ini mungkin malam terakhir untuk sementara waktu. Saya pergi ke program khusus it...